- This event has passed.
INDUSTRY WORKSHOP: Atmospheric Emmission Licences (AEL) and Energy Management Workshop
February 13, 2019 @ 12:00 - 16:00
The South African Institute of Foundrymen is pleased to invite you to attend an industry workshop hosted by SAIF, the Innovation Hub, PEETS, Concepts 4.0 and AFSA.
Date : 13 February 2019
Time : 12h00 – 16h00 (12h00-13h00 Lunch)
Venue : Process Energy and Environmental Technology Station (PEETS) Training Venue, University of Johannesburg, Doornfontein Campus, cnr Siemert and Beit Street
Session 1: Atmospheric Emmission Licences (AEL) (13h00 – 14h45)
Foundrymen, environmental lawyers and representatives of various industry organisations will brainstorm to self-organise and find solutions with regards to AEL licences for the following cases:
• Foundries that never applied
• Foundries that applied but with no feedback from the authorities
• Foundries where licences / temporary licences expired and they did not apply in time for renewal
Session 2: Energy Management (15h00 – 16h00)
• Presentation on how to practically measure and control Maximum Demand and Power Factor in a plant and the effect on the electricity Bill
• Presentation on the Income Tax Act S12L: The Carbon Tax and Incentives for compliance
Please book with the SAIF office.
South African Institute of Foundrymen
University of Johannesburg - Doornfontein
Tel: +27 (11) 559 6455
Fax:+27 (11) 559 6526