African Pegmatite has been a leading producer of coal dust and chrome sand for generations, with a respected reputation around the world. Our consistent granulation and even composition ensure reliable performance in your cast, grey, and other foundry applications.
Coal dust and chrome sand are essential to your production process, so choose the miller with the skill to improve the texture and stability of your end product. Our materials help reduce waste, imperfections and total production cost.
We offer customizable shipments to fit your budget, production schedule, and available space. Our chrome sand mixtures range from 40 AFS to 80 AFS. Visit https://mineralmilling.com/foundry/ to learn more about increasing your revenue with better materials that make a better product.
Clariant South Africa (Pty) Ltd
Contact Person: Jeanne Viljoen
Telephone: +27 011 929 5800
Type of Foundry/supplier/core business: Green sand molding additive provider (bentonite as binders and premixes of lustrous carbon generator and bentonite)
Clariant’s Functional Minerals business unit is a worldleading provider of bentonite and synthetic material based specialty products and solutions. The tailored products are designed to enhance products and processes in various industries. From mining the raw materials to processing them to tailoring them into customer-specific solutions, we provide you with 360° of service across the entire value chain.
Clariant shares real-world success with the foundry industry in lowering total cost of ownership (TCO), delivering high surface quality castings, and elevating
eco-credentials to match casting consumers’ demands.
Our two-tiered Bentonite solution to provide a one-of-akind efficient molding system: GEKO™ is the effective booster for foundry productivity and perfect castings.
ECOSIL™ lustrous carbon former adds the finishing touch, ensuring easy mold separation, improved surfaces and increased mold stability.
FP Specialty is a South African company which is wholly owned by Forace Polymers from India. FP Specialty supplies to the South African foundry industry mainly binders and coatings, as well as other auxillary foundry products like slag coagulants, thermocouple tips and core glues. Most of our products offered to the market are manufactured by our parent company, Forace Polymers. Our organisation has got two warehousing facilities in Johannesburg and Durban respectively, making us to be close to 78 % of foundries in South Africa. At FPS, we pride ourselves in excellent quality products, competitive prices and short turnaround times.
Grinding Techniques was founded in Chamdor (Krugersdorp) in 1981 with the aim of supplying specialised grinding products. Since then, our company has developed into an important force in the industrial abrasives market.
With an extensive range of high-quality cut-off and grinding wheels, specialised industrial and diamond tools and a wide range of surface finishing tools, you will always find the right product for your application.
Since 2014, Grinding Techniques is an important part of the global TYROLIT Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of grinding and dressing tools and a system for the construction industry based in Austria
With realistic minimum quantities, competitive production times, technological expertise and attractive prices we offer a complete package focused on service and customer satisfaction.
All products are manufactured locally in accordance with international standards (ISO, EN and OSA) and exported to satisfied customers all over the world.
Keech Furnace Technologies is a trusted industry partner for test-work, technology development and mineral processing feasibility studies, leading to manufacturing, installation and operation of Mineral Processing Plants.
With over 38 years of experience in the furnace industry, our world-class Electric Arc Furnaces (EAF) and ancillaries are widely used in Smelting Processes world-wide in the Mining Industry.
We combine High Quality Equipment and services with a wealth of industry experience, at exceptional delivery times such as;
- Manufacture varying types and sizes of furnaces
- from 35kVA desktop furnace to 20 MVA production size furnace
- DC Arc Furnaces, AC Arc Furnaces, including auxiliary and ancillary mechanical and electrical equipment
Manufacture varying types and sizes transformers from 100 VA up to 10 MVA and auxiliary equipment.
Malondi Foundry is the supplier of stainless steel and special steel castings of good quality. We pride ourselves with exceptional on time delivery and competitive pricing. We have a fully equipped mechanical laboratory and a well sized jobbing CNC machine shop.
At Metal Connection we strive to supply our local foundries with a superior product, that is our core vision. Our core products are Blue Steel 242 Cast Iron Stainless Steel Shavings. All our products are processed based on the foundry’s requirements. Metal Connection prides itself by offering an excellent and superior product. A happy foundry is a productive foundry.
Non-Ferrous Metal Works (SA) (Pty) Ltd
Contact Person: Walter Whiting
Telephone: +27 31 480 7388
Type of Foundry/supplier/core business: Manufacturer of Semi-fabricated copper and copper-based alloyed extruded products. The foundry manufactures Billets according to various international specifications, predominately as feedstock for the extrusion plant.
NFM Primary Activities
With “Recycling” being the foundation of the business, the Non-Ferrous Metal Works Group is one of the major metallurgical undertakings in Southern Africa. Its head office and two production units are situated just outside the proximity of Port Natal, so as to gain maximum international exposure.
- NFM is ideally situated to serve both local and overseas consumers of nonferrous semi-fabricated products and exports a significant portion of its extruded products across continents, covering destinations such as Australia, China, the Pacific Rim and the United States of America.
- Non-Ferrous Metal Works was founded in 1947 (Jacobs, Durban) and still is a family owned and managed business.
- NFM’s two manufacturing sites (ISO9001:2015) are situated 10km apart with the Casting Division located in Jacobs and the Extrusion Division in Prospecton, Durban.
NFM also has distribution centres located in Durban, Johannesburg, East London, Port Elizabeth, Cape Town, and Pretoria to adequately service customers throughout South Africa’s industrial sectors.
PDC is a high pressure die caster of brass, aluminum and zinc components. They have 14 die casting machines ranging from 100t to 630t.
They have the ability to design and manufacture all their own tooling, alloy modifications, die casting, CNC machining and turning, powder coating, and assembly – a vertically integrated process offering a one-stop-shop to their customers.
Since 1937 Prima has been a trusted supplier of comminution solutions to the mining industry worldwide, over the decades we have become known of our focus of quality and reliability to help our customers drive operational efficiencies.
Our crusher wear parts are developed in close co-operation with our customers to ensure optimal crushing performance and include the full spectrum of parts.
We design and develop liners to customers specification for all types of grinding mills including, SAG, AG, and Ball Mills.
Prima manufactures a range of general engineering products for metal shredding and underground mining machinery.
- Rustenburg Engineering and Foundry was established in 1964 and has been operating in Rustenburg, North West Province as a medium-size iron foundry producing castings for original equipment manufacturers and end-users in a range of international material specifications.
- Manufacturing facilities at Rustenburg Engineering and Foundry include a no-bake resin sand foundry for jobbing and short runs, a greensand foundry for production runs, and a fully equipped engineering workshop.
- The foundry produces a variety of high integrity castings ranging from five kilograms up to 3 000 kilograms net weight.
The engineering workshop produces a variety of pulleys, flanges, couplings, and other OEM products to industry.
UJ Mineral Processing and Technology Research Centre
Contact Person: Prof. Antoine F. Mulaba-Bafubiandi
Telephone: +27 11 559 6215 / +27 82 2191224
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Type of Foundry/supplier/core business: Research and development, Clays and clay minerals, mineralogy and refractory sands
- The Mineral Processing and Technology Research Centre (MPTRC) is a research entity housed in the Department of Metallurgy at the School of Mining, Metallurgy and Chemical Engineering, Faculty of Engineering and The Built Environment, University of Johannesburg. Their core business is centered on the circular economy, natural resources, Industrial symbiosis, waste to energy, technology development, technology management, engineering management, strategy development, and technology for rural development. Governance, mineral industry business development, and appropriate technologies development are also their acumens. Their unique expertise and competitive edge, through Professor Antoine Mulaba, in clays and clay minerals definitely is of a tremendous value add to the local foundry industry.
Wahl Industries is based in Johannesburg, South Africa and has over 70 years experience in the gravity and tilt casting industry. Wahl Industries consists of three divisions – Wahl Aluminium, Regent Lighting Solutions, Regent Outdoor Furniture and Wahl Irrigation. The group operates an aluminium gravity and tilt die-casting foundry which produces a wide range of castings for the automotive, irrigation, catering, general engineering, furniture and lighting industries. We are ISO 9001:2015 certified.